Re: [avr-libc-dev] problem building avr-libc using gcc 4.0.0

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] problem building avr-libc using gcc 4.0.0
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:17:15 -0400

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 09:03:06PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> (Btw., it's not GCC 4.x that matters but the assembler from
> binutils 2.16.)

Oops.

> As a temporary workaround, you can add the itempotency guard #ifdef,
> but I'm favouring an include file cleanup as the final solution
> instead.

Thanks, that works fine.

I ran into this while updating my toolset to support the AT90CAN128.
I noticed GCC4 included AT90CAN128 support so I went with that and
also updated my binutils to the latest 2.16 at the same time.  I guess
it was actually the updated binutils that actually elicited the error
and not gcc.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
BDMICRO - ATmega128 Based MAVRIC Controllers