Re: [avr-libc-dev] problem building avr-libc using gcc 4.0.0

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] problem building avr-libc using gcc 4.0.0
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 13:35:17 -0600

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

As Brian Dean wrote:

I'm trying to build avr-libc using avr-gcc built from gcc 4.0.0.
The build fails as follows:

(Btw., it's not GCC 4.x that matters but the assembler from
binutils 2.16.)

Known bug, see:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=12033

As a temporary workaround, you can add the itempotency guard #ifdef,
but I'm favouring an include file cleanup as the final solution
instead.

Oh, thanks for explaining this. I just ran into this too, this morning. But I was trying to figure out if it was related to GCC at all; I've been trying to get the newly released 3.4.4 building, unsuccessfully, so my avr-libc was built with 3.4.3 which I knew was working previously. But I *have* built binutils 2.16...

Thanks