[avr-libc-dev] Question regarding avrlibc, version 1.2.3 and automake 1.

From: Marvin Dickens
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Question regarding avrlibc, version 1.2.3 and automake 1.9.1
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:53:53 -0400

Hello Fellow avrlibc users,

Normally I lurk on this list. With that said, recently, I decided I should
upgrade my avr tool chain before it gets too stale. During this process,
the compilation of  avrlibc, version 1.2.3 died complaining that:

You need to use automake version 1.4 (preferrable 1.4-p5).
You are using automake (GNU automake) 1.9.1.

My question is:

Should I install automake 1.4-p5 (Only for building my avr tool chain) as the
error message stated or will avrlibc build using automake 1.9.1 which I
already have installed? If it will build using automake 1.9.1, what did I
miss? In the event I should not use automake 1.4-p5 or 1.9.1, what version
should I use? Sorry if I'm asking a RTFM question, but it is late here and my
mind is slowwwwwwwing down to a crawl...

Best regards

Marvin Dickens
Alpharetta, Georgia  USA