RE: [avr-libc-dev] Sleep.h not appropriate for AT94K devices

From: Wouter van Gulik
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Sleep.h not appropriate for AT94K devices
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:09:58 +0200

> >I know I should fill in a bug report (if it's a bug) , so you
> can keep track
> >of it.
> >But is it 1 bug or two separates? (no MCUR, no AT94K, just no support for
> >AT94K?)
> >

> If you just fill out one bug report that will be just fine. The issues
> are related so it's not a big deal. TIA for filling out a bug report!

Done!

> >I noticed in some readme file that the level of support for
> AT94K devices is
> >unknown.
> >To my surprise I found the WinAVR20030312 package on the install
> CD for the
> >SystemDesigner tool set.
> >

> SystemDesigner tool set? Where is that from? And yes, that's a pretty
> old version of WinAVR.

The SystemDesigner tool set is the IDE for working with the FPSLIC devices.
It makes it possible to simulate the AVR part and the FPGA part together.
It also provides the upload and configuration tools for the devices. And it
generates 1 bit stream from the .hex file (AVR source) and the .bst (FPGA
bitstream).
There are several C compilers (for evaluation) on the CD.
WinAVR is on it as well (not for eval. of course)
This got me wondering why ATMEL puts WinAVR on it when it's not compatible
(or did the old version work?)

> >As far as I can now see the support is pretty good.
> >I have some difficulties trying to convert my ATmega32 code to
> the AT94K but
> >that could be due to MCU incompatibility or different hardware setup.
> >
> >I'll keep in touch if I encounter any more difficulties.

The code I made for the ATmega32 seems to work for the FPSLIC as well.
I could not do further testing then the always wonderful flashing led, due
to a hardware failure. But the flashing led worked :D.

I would say it works for the At94K devices. All you need to do to get the
code in to the device is to select the compiled .hex file and upload it.
However I have not tested the WinAVR suite with different RAM en "ROM" size
for the AT94K.

HTH,

Wouter van Gulik