[avr-libc-dev] Sleep.h not appropriate for AT94K devices

From: Wouter van Gulik
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Sleep.h not appropriate for AT94K devices
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:30:37 +0200

Hello all,

The definition of sleep in the current sleep.h cannot be used for the AT94K
devices.
First of all the AT94K is detected as a "_SLEEP_TYPE == 2" which is
incorrect
It has only IDLE, PWR_DOWN and PWR_SAVE. (like the ATmega161)
This is of course not a critical error but it might lead to trying to but
the AT94K in SLEEP_MODE_ADC. Which is not supported.

The other problem is that the MCU settings register is called MCUR. In all
others devices this is called MCUSR or something a like.

I am working with WinAVR version 20050214.

I know I should fill in a bug report (if it's a bug) , so you can keep track
of it.
But is it 1 bug or two separates? (no MCUR, no AT94K, just no support for
AT94K?)

I noticed in some readme file that the level of support for AT94K devices is
unknown.
To my surprise I found the WinAVR20030312 package on the install CD for the
SystemDesigner tool set.
Is the FAQ out of date or did nobody reported back on the use for the AT94k?

As far as I can now see the support is pretty good.
I have some difficulties trying to convert my ATmega32 code to the AT94K but
that could be due to MCU incompatibility or different hardware setup.

I'll keep in touch if I encounter any more difficulties.

HPH,

Wouter van Gulik