[avr-libc-dev] [bugs #12333] Standard requires libstdc to define vprintf

From: anonymous
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #12333] Standard requires libstdc to define vprintf and vscanf
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:06:33 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 20%
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Some of the test cases of the gcc test suite require the presence of vprintf
and vscanf. The functionality is there.  The only thing missing is the
wrapper function calling fprintf and fscanf. :-).

Find enclosed Jörg's mail.

Yours,

Björn

As Björn Haase wrote:

> I think that it is not extremely urgent to clean-up this point, but

> I think that it would be helpful if the next time someone is

> changing something in stdio.h, the above addition could be

> incorporated (I'm not having a cvs checked-out avr-libc at this

> machine, so I can't easily prepare a proper patch).

Please file a bug report for it, to ensure it won't be forgotten.

As vprintf() is mandated by the standard and it's not a big deal to

provide it, it will be done.  Since function-alike macros need to be

backed by actual functions in the library anyway (so you can #undef

the macro, e.g. in order to pass a pointer to the function around),

I'll probably opt for only implementing it as a wrapper function.

Should not matter much for your purpose.

p.s.: The same applies to vscanf().

--

cheers, J"org               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/                        NIC: JW11-RIPE

Carbon-Copy List:

CC Address                          | Comment
bjoern --PUNKT-- m --PUNKT-- haase --AT-- web --PUNKT-- de | Originator Email

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=12333>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/