[avr-libc-dev] Addition of a vprintf macro in stdio.h ..? or rather a fu

From: Björn Haase
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Addition of a vprintf macro in stdio.h ..? or rather a function ..?
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:39:23 +0100

Hi,

when working on getting the gcc testsuite adapted for avr, I have stepped over
the following avr-libc relevant issue: The gcc testsuite requires the target
libc to provide a vprintf function. Avr-libc presently supplies only
vfprintf. When additionally defining the macro

#define vprintf(A,B) vfprintf(stdout,A,B)

in stdio.h, I get the testcases working. Otherwise it would be possible to
define a plain vprintf function instead. This however would require more code
and more effort for a rather cosmetical fix only for testsuite purposes.

I think that it is not extremely urgent to clean-up this point, but I think
that it would be helpful if the next time someone is changing something in
stdio.h, the above addition could be incorporated (I'm not having a cvs
checked-out avr-libc at this machine, so I can't easily prepare a proper
patch).

Yours,

Björn