Re: [avr-libc-dev] Considerable Compiler improvement neeeds testing

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Considerable Compiler improvement neeeds testing
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:30:19 -0700

Rolf Ebert wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:48:16 +0100, Björn Haase <address@hidden> wrote:

I applied the proposed patch to the current gcc-3.4 branch of AVR-Ada, the Ada cross compiler for AVR. I tested it with some example programs and also my main application (a data logger based on Butterfly (mega169)). No use of floating point vars.

 - I did not detect any functional regression,
 - most functions (~95%) do not change size at all,
 - a few functions shrinked by 1 - 7% in code size,
 - a single function increased from 224 to 232 bytes,
 - the main application shrinked from xx to 1866 bytes.

What was "xx" again? :-)