Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-gcc list

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-gcc list
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:29:59 +1300

At 23:46 1/02/2005 -0700, E. Weddington wrote:
Jason Kyle wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking at the possibility of off-loading the avr-gcc list which i've been hosting on avr1.org for some years now. What I would prefer is the list not being dependent on an individual or company, which is why i'm posting this here.

Is there any particular reason why you want to offload? Costs? Time?

Time is the real problem for me these days. I can deal with the day-to-day list admin but i'm worried about what will happen if the poor old server dies etc. I'm unlikely to be able to rebuild within a week unless I loose more sleep, which isn't doing any good.

Does anyone have comments/objections to the idea of making the avr-gcc list part of the avr-libc project?

Currently I don't have any objections. Though I'd like to hear from others....

IMO the avr-libc project is the best place long term.

There isn't a great rush to do anything with the list, no panic!

Whew!

My plan is to evacuate the building in an orderly fashion :)

One thing to also consider is the archives....

Shouldn't be too much of a problem, we'll see what response Joerg gets from the savannah admins.

Just thought of another minor issue, we'll need to update some key sites such as avrfreaks.net with the new site details. I can leave dummy pages on avr1.org for a while.

Jason