Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: What Happened to the sbi() and

From: Marvin Dickens
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: What Happened to the sbi() and cbi() Macros????
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:27:58 -0500

This topic has been interesting (On both lists...).
I think perhaps what happened was that the
people on the avr-users list did not have time
to read (or otherwise did not read) the avr-dev
list (or are not subscribed to it) and further,
did not read the changelog (Which in itself is
a huge no-no).

FWIW, I am a user who is subscribed to both lists
and further, did read the changelog. I knew about
the depreciation before it happened (because I read
both lists...) and took the appropriate action and
learned the mechanics of how the macro's worked.
Even so, if I had not been reading both lists, I would
have caught it in the changelog.

Anyway, I think this is a big misunderstanding. Also,
it's not like the macro's performed magic - I was able
to figure them out without pulling hair.

Just my opinion...

Best regards

Marvin Dickens