[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: What Happened to the sbi() and cbi

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: What Happened to the sbi() and cbi() Macros????
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:46:23 -0700

Victoria Welch wrote:

On Monday 31 January 2005 14:15, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
I've got an EE degree, believe it or not. ;-)  I could
once tell you how to create solder bumps on silicon
chips, at least that's what my thesis had been about. I've also been taught a lot about ion implantation,
diffusion equations etc. pp.  I haven't been taught all
that much about programming languages, basically only
about FORTRAN, something I almost completely forgot since
-- and no, I wouldn't whine for a FORTRAN compiler for
the AVR even though I've once been really used to that
language. ;-)  The times, they are a'changin'.

LOL, I'm gonna hold out for a COBOL port for the avr, God knows I'd be embarrased to admit how much of that I have written over the years (and would indeed prefer to forget it :-).

Don't laugh:
<http://cobolforgcc.sourceforge.net/>

Now we know who's going to write the library to interact with the AVR hardware. ;-)