[avr-libc-dev] Re: What Happened to the sbi() and cbi() Macros????

From: Victoria Welch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: What Happened to the sbi() and cbi() Macros????
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:24:23 -0800

On Monday 31 January 2005 00:40, Erik Walthinsen wrote:
> E. Weddington wrote:
> > Well, the problem is that it's not the avr-gcc list is
> > where this stuff is usually discussed, it's the
> > *avr-libc-dev* list.

In this overall exchange I became aware that there was a
list for avr-libc.  We'll track it down for sure now :-).

> Perhaps it would be good to create a single list,
> independent of gcc, libc, avrdude, etc. where developers
> can ask general questions (such as the issues re:
> atmega48/88/168), and leave the avr-libc-dev,
> avr-gcc-list, and avrdude-dev lists for people developing
> and debugging specific issues related to those packages?

Sounds to me like a VERY good idea.

> This allows a single point of contact for all *users* of
> all three projects, where issues like this can be
> discussed with *all* interested parties.  Announcing and
> discussing proposed deprecation on the avr-libc-dev list
> obviously did not elicit the discussion that needed to be
> elicited, as very few of the affected *users* were
> subscribed to the list.

And as you note, it keeps the other lists for specific
function on track.  I will admit to feeling a little guilty
about some of the stuff I posted to this list but I had no
idea there was another place that would be more
appropriate :-(.

Since these items are so interlocked, a list where everyone
gets together and can hash out things like this would
simply make excellent sense.

[ ... ]

Thanks & take care, V.
--
Victoria Welch, WV9K/7.  "Engineering is the art of making
what you want from things you can get."-  Jerry Avins