[avr-libc-dev] Re: gcc's avr implementation does not appear to be interr

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: gcc's avr implementation does not appear to be interrupt safe!
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:35:23 -0700

Paul Schlie wrote:

Eric, the reason I posted it to only you two, was that it's likely a
sensitive observation; where I thought you might want to have a chance
to confirm or correct the observation prior to it being more broadly
stated that gcc for avr including winavr is inherently unsafe to use in
many circumstances.

From: "E. Weddington" <address@hidden>
And next time please post to a mailing list, preferrably avr-libc-dev
(which I've CC'd) where the GCC maintainers (or at least one of them) is
listening in.

Eric

Any information or inquiries about the AVR port of GCC is best when it is publically shared. That way everybody can then help in analysing the information and make any informed decisions, including to help fix any potential problems.