Re: [avr-libc-dev] Bug in math library

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Bug in math library
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:19:42 -0400

Hello,

I have attached two patches to this message - one to patch the division
routine, and one to patch the merge routine (needs a patch to deal with NaN
properly).

I would appreciate any testing people can do - make sure when you build the
avr-libc again you get all the libm.a replaced, as for me for some reason the
libm.a in the avr architecture sub-directories didn't get replaced (ie:
avr5\libm.a) which caused some grief...

This isn't the end of it yet - these two patches just fix the x/0 and 0/x
problems, I think there is more problems in the library of a similar fashion.
As well I am not too confident of the patches yet as I don't have a good
understanding of floating-point stuff yet. I'll run lots of tests though to
make sure...

Regards,

 -Colin