Re: [avr-libc-dev] reconf

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] reconf
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:41:01 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

As E. Weddington wrote:

Oh, is it ok to rename "reconf" to "bootstrap", a la they way
avrdude does it (and the way Ted set it up):

This sounds a lot more logical to me.

Alas, we don't have the option to perform a CVS repository copy, so
renaming files will lose their CVS history.  Not too big a deal of for
that particular file, but still something that worries me about the
savannah setup.

I thought of that (losing CVS history). Well why not do this?: 'cvs remove' the reconf file, preserving the history in the Attic, and then add the bootstrap file, with comments stating that the bootstrap file replaces the reconf file. The new bootstrap file would be more modeled on the one in avrdude, with minor adjustments to take in account the avr-libc reconf (i.e. removal of the call to autoheader).

Approve?