Re: [avr-libc-dev] reconf

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] reconf
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:50:05 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

As E. Weddington wrote:

Do you think the version checking in the reconf script is strictly
necessary?

No idea.

If all works well with newer versions, I don't care.

Thanks.

I'd first like to deal with bug #4101 though.

Makes sense. I'm also going to have to go through the IO headers with a comb now and fix up the problems I created (a la bug #11486). This might mean a 1.2.1 release. Sorry for the hassle.

About the multilib thingy, remember there's a separate branch in CVS
where Ted started to experiment.

I do remember, but according to the note in the TODO:
<http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2003-09/msg00030.html>
I feel that the branch was doing a bit too much by combining the lib-per-device feature with upgrading to new versions of the autotools.

My goal is to see what it would take to *just* get the autotool upgrade working, and doing the lib/device thing later.