Re: [avr-libc-dev] PAx missing in iotn26.h

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] PAx missing in iotn26.h
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:14:12 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

As Bernhard Walle wrote:

according to the Atmel Datasheet for Tiny26, PAx pins are available
but the #defines are missing in the header file. In previous
avr-libc version, they were present.

Hmm, this file had been replaced due to copyright issues (the original
copyright holder could not got hold of, and Eric was eager to release
all of avr-libc under a single, unified lice

Please file a bug report for this.
Yup, it looks like my bad on this. I misinterpreted how portpins.h was defining things and thought it would take care of the PAx definitions. It looks like those definitions have to be in specific IO file first.

*sigh*. And now it's in 1.2.0.

This also affects some header files for new devices, in that PAx definitions are not in the new specific header files.

Joerg: Any suggestions on the best way to go about fixing this?
- I can, of course, put the PAx defintions (and others) back into the tiny26 header file. - Or, I can also change portpins.h to *always* define those, similar to below:

#if defined(PA0)
#undef PA0
#endif
#define PA0 PORT0
#if defined(PORTA0)
#undef PORTA0
#endif
#define PORTA0 PORT0
// etc.

In other words, in portpins.h, define the generic names, and *always* define
the port specific names.

I lean towards doing the latter here as it can fix these issues across the
board.

Bernhard: Sorry for the hassle of causing a regression. :-(