Re: [avr-libc-dev] Installation of avr-libc 1.0.5

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Installation of avr-libc 1.0.5
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:18:06 +0100

As Knut Schwichtenberg wrote:

> as far as I can see the basic file configure is gone with the wind.

Nah, calm down, please.

> All install descriptions (/INSTALL, /doc/INSTALL) link to the script
> doconf to install and that one wants to have /configure. Where is it
> left because it is not in the CVS too.

And it has never been there.

If you had read either the news entry on savannah (by now the only
publically visible sign of release 1.0.5 at all), or followed the
discussion here after me announcing release 1.0.5, you'd know this is
merely an oversight on my part.  Sorry, I recently inherited the
release engineer's job for avr-libc from Ted Roth, and it turned out
that his checklist unfortunately missed the step to run ./reconf
before rolling the tarball.  I've already sent a new tarball to the
savannah folks, but they don't automatically overwrite an existing
one, so I have to wait for the manual intervention from one of their
admins.

For the time being, I've uploaded the package to

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/avr-libc-1.0.5.tar.bz2

Keep in mind that this is an interim release.  See the mailing list
archives for details.