Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:39:20 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

As E. Weddington wrote:

And I'm not really sure about the Linux folks, as regular RPMs don't seem to be built.

I don't have the slightest idea what it would take to build and ship
Linux RPMs.  Supposedly, the infrastructure (package files and stuff)
are already sitting in the tree (avr-libc.spec.in), aren't they?  I do
have access to a Linux devel machine at work, so the phyiscal act of
rolling an RPM and transferring it over to Savannah shouldn't be too
hard if people think that would help anyone.
Yes, AFAIK, the RPM spec is in the tree, though I don't know anything about how to generate it. I can't remember, but I thought Ted said there was an issue about posting RPMs in Savannah... That will need investigation. I think it would be best in the long term to find somebody willing to maintain for Linux.