Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release?

From: Paul Schlie
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Release?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:46:59 -0500

> From: "E. Weddington" <address@hidden>
>
> Well, consider who will use it: Practically all Windows users go with
> WinAVR, which will be 1.2.0. There's Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OSX users.
> The Mac folks are limited to a handful of people (afaik) so I would
> think 1.2.0 would be fine unless they complain. You've got the pulse on
> the FreeBSD community. And I'm not really sure about the Linux folks, as
> regular RPMs don't seem to be built.
>
> All of the bug fixes in the 1.0 branch are in HEAD as well, and there
> are more bug fixes in HEAD than the 1.0 branch (plus stuff like new
> devices). That's why I lean towards 1.2.0.
>
> *But*, in the end, it's up to you and the amount of time you have for
> it. :-)

Although a little off topic, anyone consider the possibility of contributing
it as the basis of an avr newlib/binutils port/directory of those efforts,
and consolidating effort avr effort there, as opposed to proceeding in
parallel? Or are there legal/logistical issues/complexities of doing so?

(as just thought it might help raise the effort's visibility?)