[avr-libc-dev] avr-libc-user-manual-1.0.4.pdf

From: Fritz Webering
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc-user-manual-1.0.4.pdf
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:37:51 +0100

Hi

At the beginning of the manual you have a note that the reader should report mistakes to this adress. That's what I want to do. Well, it's not really a bad mistake, it's just a bit annoying. What I want to inform you about is that the ATMega32 microcontroller doesn't really have an UART as it's indicated in the <iom32.h> file but rather an USART. It took me some time to find out that in order to create an interrupt for the USART data received interrupt i have to write SIGNAL (SIG_UART_RECV) instead of something like SIGNAL (SIG_USART_RECV) or SIGNAL (SIG_USART0_RECV). Maybe you could change the header file entry to SIG_USART_RECV (wich isn't listed in the signals list on
page 71) or SIG_USART0_RECV to make it all a bit more precise?

Greetings
Fritz Webering