Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc 1.0.5?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc 1.0.5?
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:23:17 +0100

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Eric also thinks about eventually rolling a new WinAVR version,
> where a new release of avr-libc would be helpful to him.

I just realized that Eric would want to have support for the new
devices as well...  So this raises the question, either merge the new
devices into 1.0 too, or rather finally continue with a 1.2 release
even though not everything from everyone's wishlist has been done so
far (in particular not the new configure/build infrastructure).

I'm not all that opposed to ship 1.2.x (and thus defer the new config
framework to 1.4).  If we roll a release these days, the ATmegax8
devices are obviously reality, so we cannot roll one that doesn't
cover them.  1.0 also relies on obsolete 3rd-party software (namely on
an old version of doxygen) to build.  As Ted doesn't seem to have too
much time to spend into the new config stuff, there's a good risk of
deferring 1.2 forever when holding our breath until that is done.

Opinions?