Re: [avr-libc-dev] soliciting feedback/thoughts on potential value of a

From: Paul Schlie
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] soliciting feedback/thoughts on potential value of a few gcc 4.0 tweaks.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:26:50 -0500

Possibly, but as arithmetic isn't usually performed on mac addresses,
there's often little advantage to not simply treating them as arrays of
chars (which is often typically useful as most mac hashing algorithms used
for associative lookups tend to be char oriented for 255 element hash index
tables for example).

But regardless, don't further contest that there are likely situations where
it's convenient to support 64-bit wide integers