[avr-libc-dev] Re: license audit changes

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: license audit changes
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:37:50 -0700

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, E. Weddington wrote:

Let me know which ones you are missing. I probably have them somewhere
on my computer since I try to never delete any avr-libc emails.

Well, um... I've been agressive recently with my box, so.... I would
need all except the last two: Peter Jansen, and Michael Stumpf.
Sorry for the hassle. :-(

I'll see what I can dig up later tonight. I assume that you've got all
the names in the ChangeLog for reference?

That is correct. Don't forget yours and Joerg's permisssions too.

Ok, give it a try. Set the perms to 0664 before committing. The group
perms should be handled properly on the repo server but I don't think
you'll need to worry about that.

From looking at a recent checkout, shouldn't that be 0644? [I'm not
real familiar with chmod so you know.]

Try setting your umask to 0002 and you should see perms of 0664. I
thought about suggesting 0644, but I think you want to give the repo a
chance to set the bits appropriately and I have an untested feeling that
committing a file with 0644 may have undesirable side effects. It's been
a while since I read the CVS manual about repos and group perms... It's
probably not something to stress out over, but may be interesting to
think about (even if only academically). ;-)

Okaay. 0664 it is. :-)
I'll do my homework when I have a spare moment, later. ;-)

FYI, I still have to update files in CVS for Peter Jansen (iom128.h) and all of Michael Stumpf's files. That leaves two io header files where I couldn't contact the authors. I'll rewrite those (it won't be that hard).
And later today I'll commit your patch to remove installing version.h.