[avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc contribution?

From: Peter Jansen
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc contribution?
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:35:52 +1100

E. Weddington wrote:
Peter Jansen wrote:

E. Weddington wrote:

Peter,

I'm trying to find the Peter Jansen that made a contribution of the iom128.h header file to the avr-libc project:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc/>

This email was suggested to me by one of the admins of that project. Are you the original submitter of this file?

Yes I think I submitted that file, I have not worked on AVR's for a while, do you have some questions?

Yes, I've been conducting an audit of the licenses in the files in avr-libc <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc/>. avr-libc is supposed to be licensed with a modified BSD license that contains a "no endorsement" clause. I've discovered a number of files that have incorrect licensing and are missing this clause including that file (iom128.h) where you hold the copyright.

May I have your permission to modify the licenses of all the files in avr-libc where you hold the copyright, to add the missing clause reproduced below?

  * Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of
    contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
    from this software without specific prior written permission.

If I have your permission please respond to this email that you give your permission and be sure to keep the CC to the avr-libc-dev mailing list where it may be archived.

Yes you have my permission to modify the license as per your above text.

Thanks it must be difficult to follow all those up.

--
Peter Jansen
STS