Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Remaining license issues.

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Remaining license issues.
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:43:57 -0700

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, E. Weddington wrote:

Hello All!

All files have had their licenses updated, except the following:

include/ctype.h: Michael Stumpf
include/math.h: Michael Stumpf
include/avr/iotn26.h: Stefan Swanepoel
include/avr/iom128.h: Peter Jansen
include/avr/iom16.h: Magnus Johansson

I was not able to get permission from these people because my emails
bounced, except for Peter Jansen who hasn't responded.

You have the wrong address for Peter. I believe he has moved on to other
pursuits:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.texas-instruments.msp430.gcc.user/2847

I assuming guessing that that is the same Peter Jansen.

Ok, I've pinged that address. I'll see if it pans out.... Thanks for the link!

There are a couple of options I am considering:
1. Go ahead and add the missing clause on the license in these files,
even without express permission.

I'd avoid that.

Yeah..... I was thinking that too.

2. Rewrite the files in question and hence have new copyright ownership
with the correct license.

So it's really going to have to be this option. Unless anyone has any better ideas?