Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Remaining license issues.

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Remaining license issues.
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:34:11 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, E. Weddington wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> All files have had their licenses updated, except the following:
>
> include/ctype.h: Michael Stumpf
> include/math.h: Michael Stumpf
> include/avr/iotn26.h: Stefan Swanepoel
> include/avr/iom128.h: Peter Jansen
> include/avr/iom16.h: Magnus Johansson
>
> I was not able to get permission from these people because my emails
> bounced, except for Peter Jansen who hasn't responded.

You have the wrong address for Peter. I believe he has moved on to other
pursuits:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.texas-instruments.msp430.gcc.user/2847

I assuming guessing that that is the same Peter Jansen.

> There are a couple of options I am considering:
> 1. Go ahead and add the missing clause on the license in these files,
> even without express permission.

I'd avoid that.

> 2. Rewrite the files in question and hence have new copyright ownership
> with the correct license.
>
> Comments?
>
> As a side note, it would have been nice to get a hold of Michael Stumpf
> to ask him if he was willing to relicense the math library to a BSD
> License, but it seems his email address is stale. Googling didn't turn
> up much either. Does anybody know how to get a hold of him?

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9
Jabber ID: address@hidden