[avr-libc-dev] archive only: [Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning messa

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] archive only: [Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender]
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:04:51 -0700

To be archived in avr-libc-dev.

Eric

-------- Original Message --------
Date:   Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:48:26 +0100
From:   Mail Delivery System <address@hidden>
To:     address@hidden

|------------------------- Failed addresses follow: ---------------------|
<address@hidden>
  unknown user / Teilnehmer existiert nicht
|------------------------- Message text follows: ------------------------|
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 12:04:28 -0700
From: "E. Weddington" <address@hidden>
To:  address@hidden
CC: avr-libc-dev <address@hidden>
Subject: avr-libc license audit

Michael,

I've been conducting an audit of the licenses in the files in avr-libc <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avr-libc/>. avr-libc is supposed to be licensed with a modified BSD license that contains a "no endorsement" clause. I've discovered a number of files that have incorrect licensing and are missing this clause including some files where you hold the copyright. These files are include/ctype.h and include/math.h which have the Modified BSD license and are seperate from your fplib which is licensed with GPL + exception.

May I have your permission to modify the licenses of all these two files, include/ctype.h and include/math.h, in avr-libc where you hold the copyright, to add the missing clause reproduced below?

  * Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of
    contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
    from this software without specific prior written permission.

If I have your permission please respond to this email that you give your permission and be sure to keep the CC to the avr-libc-dev mailing list where it may be archived.

Thank you.
Eric Weddington
avr-libc developer