[avr-libc-dev] Re: Missing copyrights?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: Missing copyrights?
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:45:24 -0700

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, E. Weddington wrote:

Ted,

Here's a list of files in avr-libc that have a missing copyright. Some
of them I'm sure are yours. Others I'm not so sure.

acconfig.h
avr-libc.spec.in

I wrote those.

config-ml.in

came from newlib I think too. Reinhard Jessich added this. I _really_
want it go away because it's not very maintainable.

doconf
dodist
domake
reconf

Reinhard Jessich  <address@hidden> wrote those. I want
these to go away too eventually but feel free to add copyrights for
them is needed. Check the cvs logs to see what years apply according
when changes were made.

I agree with you about the files above and wanting them to go away too. The canonical GNU method for building a package is (configure; make; make install). The do* scripts and reconf really don't fit that model. I'll go ahead and put copyrights on the files, but I'll also start giving it some thought about getting rid of these. I'll make an item in the TODO.

xml/Validate.py
devtools/cr_check.py

I wrote those.

I have just added copyrights to the files I wrote in CVS HEAD. [See
attached patch.]

Thanks. One note though: acconfig.h just has the two-clause license. While I'm at it, can I have your permission to fix all of your copyrighted files in avr-libc to add the missing clause?