[avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc licensing audit

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: avr-libc licensing audit
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:49:51 +0000

On Monday 01 November 2004 10:30 pm, E. Weddington wrote:
> Bob Paddock,
>
> I've been conducting an audit of the licenses in the files in avr-libc
> May I have your permission to modify the licenses of all the files in
> avr-libc where you hold the copyright, to add the missing clause
> reproduced below?

Yes you may change the file.  I have been following the discussion on the
list.

>    * Neither the name of the copyright holders nor the names of
>      contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
>      from this software without specific prior written permission.

Just so this is clear in my own mind, is is ok to say "This product was
developed using GCC and avr-libc" on my web site if I ever have a product to
sell?

It would be bad if I listed anyones name that I find in the code on the web
site where trying to sell product?

--
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/