Re: [avr-libc-dev] New device header files.

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] New device header files.
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:13:24 -0600

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

As E. Weddington wrote:

I just committed 5 new device header files on mainline. Question: Should these also be committed to the 1.0 branch as well?

IMHO not until there's a released version of the compiler and binutils
that supports these processors.  If that happens, we could quickly
roll a matching avr-libc release then.

Perhaps it's also time to think about what would be required before
we roll out avr-libc-1.2?
Funny you should mention that... I was just looking at the TODO file. It lists the things that we once thought of doing before 1.2. I don't know how everyone (especially Ted) feels about it, but upgrading to using the latest autotools I think should make the list.

We should also see about getting the new devices (the patches that we have) into binutils/gcc.

Ted mentioned that Marek had an idea about moving to per device libs. Perhaps we could ping him about it.

Thanks Jörg for the advice about the header files. I'll go close the patch trackers.