[avr-libc-dev] RFC: enable optional man page generation/installation

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] RFC: enable optional man page generation/installation
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:12:00 +0200

Here's something I've been sitting on in my tree for too long.  This
patch optionally enables the generation and installation of the
doxygen-derived man pages for our library functions (and other symbols,
like global variables).  The installation target directory is below
our docs directory, so the OS's base system man pages for functions
with identical names are not affected.

In order to access these man pages, a small script is supplied that
calls the system's man(1) command, using a modified man path.

WinAVR currently doesn't ship a functional man(1) command, so only
Unix targets are affected.

I hope #! /bin/sh works on any Unix system, does it?  I don't want
to fiddle with thing like /bin/bash vs. whatever shell some
system might prefer, and hope they all do install at least a
symlink for /bin/sh.

(Curious, would it work on Cygwin or MinGW, too?)
Wir stellen aus! Auf der SYSTEMS 2004  vom 18.-22. Oktober in München
Halle B 3, Stand 320-206 (Partner-Stand von Sun Microsystems)
Halle B 2, Stand 605 "Die Musterfirma"