Re: Fwd: [avr-libc-dev] Problem with unsigned long long printf()

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: Fwd: [avr-libc-dev] Problem with unsigned long long printf()
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:34:48 -0600

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

To me, this looks suspiciously like gcc is not handling the

 a.ull = va_arg (ap, unsigned long long);

call correctly when the type is 64 bits. when passing a 64 bit variable
by value, gcc pushes the 8 bytes onto the stack instead of passing via 8
registers. If my analysis is correct, then there's a bug in gcc.

I'm not even sure that handling of 64 bit types was even put into the AVR port..... This might be more of a misfeature than a bug per se. Does anybody know for sure? (Denis? Marek?)