[avr-libc-dev] [bugs #10329] crtm168.o is not being built

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #10329] crtm168.o is not being built
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:49:19 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: AVR C Runtime Library.

[bugs #10329] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Eric Weddington <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Fri 09/10/2004 at 21:43 (America/Denver)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Severity | 9 - Blocker               | 3 - Ordinary
          Resolution | None                      | Invalid
         Assigned to | None                      | arcanum
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Other than the problem with the AVR_CRT_MEGA list in configure.in, which I was
unaware that it was fixed earlier in CVS but it is not in any released version,
this was a user error (me).

Conflicting experiments I was doing caused the avr-gcc that I built to find the
incorrect avr-as (from an earlier version) and would not subsequently build
crtm168.o. This is now fixed on my end.

Thanks for your help Ted!

[bugs #10329] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted by: Eric Weddington
On: Wed 09/08/2004 at 22:41

Category:  Library
Severity:  3 - Ordinary
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Invalid
Privacy:  Public
Assigned to:  arcanum
Originator Email:  address@hidden

Original Submission:  Built gcc 3.4.2 with patch to add new devices. In
building avr-libc 1.0.4, crtm168.o is not built.

I found a typo in configure.in that would cause crtm168.o to not get added to
the AVR_CRT_MEGA list. Patch is attached to correct this. But this does not
completely solve the problem.

I've set this priority to 9 because it's blocking a user from using this device.

Ted, could you take a look at this? You're more familiar with the configury
than I am. Thanks.

Eric

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Wed 09/08/2004 at 22:58       By: 0 <None>
The typo was fixed a long time ago:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/avr-libc/avr-libc/configure.in.diff?r1=1.111&r2=1.112

As for the crt file not being built, what does configure say when it check for
atmega168 support in gcc? If that check fails, then the crt will not be built.

File Attachments

Date: Wed 09/08/2004 at 22:41  Name: avr-libc-mega168-crt.patch  Size: 528B
By: arcanum
Patch to fix typo in configure.in for adding crtm168.o to list.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=10329&amp;item_file_id=1645

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=10329>

  Message sent via/by Savannah