[avr-libc-dev] strsep() should not be pure

From: Geoffrey Wossum
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] strsep() should not be pure
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:38:41 -0500

Hi,

I just submitted a bug, #10078, about avr-libc having strsep() declared with
__ATTR_PURE__, along with a patch to remove it.

strsep() should not be pure, as you can not optimize calls to it away.  This
created all kinds of weird bugs in my code that would go away when I would
add debugging printf()'s.  I thought I was losing my mind, and my programs
started spitting out all kinds of useless debug information their serial
ports because that would make the problem go away.

Without the __ATTR_PURE__, I don't need the debug statements for it to work
right anymore ^_^

Attaching the patch here also...

---
Geoffrey Wossum