[avr-libc-dev] [bugs #2924] strtod returns incorrect endptr

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #2924] strtod returns incorrect endptr
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:16:41 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: AVR C Runtime Library.

[bugs #2924] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Tue 07/20/04 at 20:57 (Europe/Berlin)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

A fix has been committed in rev 1.5 of strtod.S, currently
only to the head of CVS.  This is believed to also fix the
bug described here -- albeit we don't know for sure, as the
originator of the bug never responded to my inquiry.

The fix is due to be merged into the 1.0 branch as well.

[bugs #2924] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted by: 0
On: Tue 03/25/03 at 09:09

Category:  Library
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  Fixed
Assigned to:  None
Originator Email:  andlem(at-sign)gmx.de

Original Submission:  Conversion works, but endptr is set to end of string
rather than end of number.

Follow-up Comments

Date: Sat 03/06/04 at 21:29         By: joerg_wunsch
Curious: can you provide a simple test case?

I've also noticed an oddity with strtod some time ago, but
want to make sure whether this bug matches my observation,
or rather refers to something different.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=2924>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/