Re: [avr-libc-dev] Commit: PRG_RDB -> pgm_read_byte in stdio

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Commit: PRG_RDB -> pgm_read_byte in stdio
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:20:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> I just committed the attached patch to HEAD.  It's IMHO also a
> candidate for 1.0 even though PRG_RDB is still retained there.

I don't think we gain anything by pulling this into 1.0 since PRG_RDB
can't be removed there anyways. I'm neither for or against it though, so
I'll leave that call to you.

> Would anyone see a problem using the ptr++ notation as the argument to
> a macro?  I know it used to be fatal as an argument to XtSetArg()...
> But it seems the macros here are written in a safe manner to not
> evaluate their argument more than once.

If it can easily be changed to not use the ptr++ in the macro arg, I
think it should be done even though we know it is safe now. Someone in
the future may make them unsafe and the bugs introduced would be
difficult to find.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9