[avr-libc-dev] [support #103211] I need Avr-libc 1.0.4 that will unzip w

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [support #103211] I need Avr-libc 1.0.4 that will unzip with WinZip (for Cygwin use) - Help!
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:47:46 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: AVR C Runtime Library.

[support #103211] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Sat 07/17/04 at 21:40 (Europe/Berlin)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Severity | 9 - Blocker               | 5 - Average
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed

AFAICT, recent version of WinZip are supposed to be able to
unpack bzip2/tar archives.

However, you're mentioning you've got Cygwin anyway.  In that
case, it's no problem at all.  The distribution files are in
"tar" format which has been compressed by "bzip2" (thus the
suffix chain ".tar.bz2").  The canonical way would be to first
uncompress using bunzip2, then unpack using tar -x.  GNU tar
(which is part of Cygwin) can uncompress on the fly using
the -j option.  Thus

tar -xvj -f avr-libc-1.0.4.tar.bz2

will unpack the entire archive into you current directory.

[support #103211] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted by: 0
On: Sat 07/17/04 at 17:16

Category:  None

Help!

Original Submission:  Would it be possible to get a version of Avr-libc 1.0.4,
that I can download and open with WinZip?  I would like to use the AVR libc
with Cygwin on my Dell w/Windoze 2000.

The files that you have available (from
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/), will NOT unzip.

Help would be most appreciated, if you could email the tar or zip file to
address@hidden; and thanks in advance.

Best regards, Kelly Smith

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Sat 07/17/04 at 21:40         By: joerg_wunsch
AFAICT, recent version of WinZip are supposed to be able to
unpack bzip2/tar archives.

However, you're mentioning you've got Cygwin anyway.  In that
case, it's no problem at all.  The distribution files are in
"tar" format which has been compressed by "bzip2" (thus the
suffix chain ".tar.bz2").  The canonical way would be to first
uncompress using bunzip2, then unpack using tar -x.  GNU tar
(which is part of Cygwin) can uncompress on the fly using
the -j option.  Thus

tar -xvj -f avr-libc-1.0.4.tar.bz2

will unpack the entire archive into you current directory.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103211>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/