Re: [avr-libc-dev] [HEAD/1.0] patch for -mint8/[u]int32_t

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [HEAD/1.0] patch for -mint8/[u]int32_t
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:21:46 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> As a side note: The GCC folks have yet to decide whether the next
> GCC release series will be 3.5 or 4.0. There have been several
> discussions about this on the gcc list, but no conclusions. I just
> wanted to let you know that if they decide to go with 4.0 then some
> things will have to change with this.

Not necessarily.  As it is now, the #if statements consider the new
-mint8 behaviour to apply to any GCC version >= 3.5.  This will
naturally include GCC 4.x as well. ;-)  But OK, in that case, part of
the logic is not useful anymore, and can be simplified, and it's even
dangerous in case the 3.x line will ever be followed up with a
different 3.5 release.

So yes, if they opt for 4.x, we'd better change our header file.