Re: [avr-libc-dev] C++ compile-time FSM generator?

From: Bob Cook
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] C++ compile-time FSM generator?
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 09:10:47 -0700

Hi,

I spent some time a couple of months back looking at the state of C++. The avr-libc documentation includes the high-level version of the existing limitations. The lack of a Standard C++ Library is sort of a showstopper for using boost. Minimalist C++ works fine, including ctor/dtor, virtual methods (but not pure virtual methods) and inheritance, templates, etc. But no containers, no iostream, etc. I made an attempt at getting the gcc C++ libraries to compile but I didn't have the time or the knowledge to understand the complexities. It seems feasible to duplicate enough of the gcc libsupc++ to get new/delete and pure virtual functions working, but I decided my projects (hobby robotics) could live without those features.

Regards,
Bob Cook