[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] one-byte stack bug in tiny26

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] one-byte stack bug in tiny26
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:37:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

> Looks like another reason for per-device multilibs, as the avr2/3/4/5
> device groups are not enough (my fault, it looked clean at the time
> when Atmel's future plans were top secret - today we know about chips
> with "movw", but without "mul" = more than avr2, less than avr4).
> I'm not sure if we really want so many ld emulations though...

Marek, can you help with the per-device convertion, or would you rather
that Joerg and I handle it?

I've started a new branch for avr-libc to rewrite the autoconf/automake
system (to update to autoconf-2.57 and automake-1.7.x). Part of that
rewrite will be the per-device multilibs as Joerg and I discussed last
week on the avr-libc-dev list.

If anyone is interested, the branch tag is "autoconf-branch". I create
the branch since things are going to be extremely broken while I figure
out how to handle everything. Once I get the branch working again, I can
merge it back to head. By that time, maybe we will be ready to have
binutils and gcc updated too.

This is still really early work, so don't expect it to be functional in
any way yet.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9