Re: [avr-libc-dev] What categorizes avr2...avr5?

From: Bjorn Andersson
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] What categorizes avr2...avr5?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 22:21:19 +0300

On Fri, Apr 23 2004, at 21:02:46 +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Bjorn Andersson wrote:
>
> > In both avr-libc and gcc, AVR controllers are categorized into
> > avr2 through avr5. I have however not found any information of which
> > controllers belong to which category and which features categorizes
> > them. I am thankful for any pointers or explanations.
>
> See the avr-libc docs:
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/index.html
>
> Related Pages -> Using the GNU tools

Thanks for the prompt reply! This was what I was looking for, don't know
how I have missed it. I have read the avr-libc docs, but that was some
time ago.

Just out of curiousity and general interest, what differentiates the
"classic" CPU core from the "enhanced" CPU core? E.g, in what way is
the ATmega103 different from the ATmega128 that it affects the compile
chain?

  Bjorn

--
Bjorn Andersson <address@hidden>