[avr-libc-dev] [patch #2923] Add infrastructure support for new AVR devi

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #2923] Add infrastructure support for new AVR devices.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:42:52 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the patch tracker
 of the project: AVR C Runtime Library.

[patch #2923] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Theodore A. Roth <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Tue 04/13/04 at 19:42 (US/Pacific)

I've updated the avr-libc patch again (version 3).

Now configure checks if avr-gcc supports the each of the new devices by trying
to compile and link a program with the appropriate -mmcu option. If that
succeeds, the crt file for the device will be built.

This should let us merge these patches back to the 1.0 branch without requiring
the users to upgrade bintuils and gcc.

This will also allow me to commit the patches without fear of breaking the
build if the users gcc/binutils don't support the new devices. As such, I'll
probably be committing the avr-libc patch to cvs soon.

[patch #2923] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted by: Theodore A. Roth
On: Thu 04/08/04 at 17:38

Category:  None

Original Submission:  These patches add the underlying support to binutils, gcc
and avr-libc to allow support for these new AVR devices:

tiny13
tiny2313
at90can128
mega48
mega88
mega168

The headers for the mega48/88/168 are already in avr-libc cvs head. Still
waiting for contributions for the other 3 headers.

Colin O'Flynn and Bob Paddock have volunteered to write the can128 and tiny2313
headers respectively.

I'll probably write the header for the tiny13 as soon as I get a chance unless
someone else beats me to it.

Please use the format I used for the iomx8.h for new headers since it makes it
a little bit easier to review having the register and bit defs in the same
place.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Fri 04/09/04 at 19:42         By: troth
Please note that the avr-libc patch should not be committed to  cvs head until
the binutils and gcc patches have been committed. The avr-libc build will fail
if you try to build with unpatched binutils/gcc.

File Attachments
-------------------

Date: Tue 04/13/04 at 19:42  Name: avr-libc-new-devs-3.diff  Size: 5KB   By:
troth
Configure now checks if avr-gcc supports the new devices.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?item_id=2923&amp;item_file_id=3103

Date: Fri 04/09/04 at 19:42  Name: avr-libc-new-devs-2.diff  Size: 3KB   By:
troth
Remove crtm83 and crtm85 from AVR_CRT_MEGA since they've been commented forever
anyways.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?item_id=2923&amp;item_file_id=3091

Date: Thu 04/08/04 at 17:43  Name: binutils-avr-new-devs.diff  Size: 4KB   By:
troth