Re: [avr-libc-dev] SIGNAL / INTERRUPT checking

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] SIGNAL / INTERRUPT checking
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:25:21 +0100

As Colin O'Flynn wrote:

> > sigcheck: $(TARGET).elf
> >       nm $(TARGET).elf | grep SIG_ >/dev/null && \
> >       echo "Warning: it is likely that there are misspelled SIG_* names"
>
> Sounds good for a quick solution, but I wanted to do a AWK/GAWK solution I
> think so that

While this basically sounds great, just a few words of the downside:

. you need to run it on all source files, which means it requires a
  good bit of Makefile infrastructure as well

. since you need to get all -D/-I/-U/-mmcu options passed to your
  script, you need Makefile infrastructure as well; it's probably best
  if your script understood any and all C compiler options then so one
  could pass ${CFLAGS} (or ${ALL_CFLAGS}) verbatim

I never really looked into it, but it sounds more worth the while to
me to try making the SIGNAL/INTERRUPT macros recognize bad parameters
by itself instead.