[avr-libc-dev] [RFC] boot cleanup

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] boot cleanup
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:54:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

The attached patch changes the bootloader example to show a more
efficient usage of the boot API. The example was taken from my working
xmodem bootloader code.

Also, I've removed redundant checks for eeprom and spm busy in the API
macros. These changes reduce the size of the example by about 30 bytes.

Finally, I've added *_safe() version of the boot_*() macros that contain
the eeprom and spm busy checks if anyone wants to use them.

Any objections for HEAD? I'm not sure if this should go into 1.0 since
it will most likely break existing code. If 1.0 users want to use this
version of the API, they can pull it from CVS.

Ted Roth