Re: [avr-libc-dev] variable that survives reset?

From: Jörgen
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] variable that survives reset?
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:48:32 -0800 (PST)

--- Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> As E. Weddington wrote:
>
> > > Is it possible to have variable that survives a
> reset?
>
> > That's what the internal EEPROM is for: ...
>
> Well, simpler: the .noinit section.  It's described
> in the manual.  Of
> course, noinit means no implied initialization at
> all, i. e. you gotta
> initialize it yourself at least once (probably
> depending on MCUSR for
> an external or power-up reset).

Thanks Joerg. Placing the variable in no_init is
working. I'm checking the MCUSCR in the main()
function, seems to be working fine. I can determine if
it is a power up reset or an external reset.

Arthur, you mentioned init3, maybe i shouldn't rely on
that I can check the MCUCSR in my main() function?