[avr-libc-dev] Double precision floating point routines

From: Martin Cibulski
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Double precision floating point routines
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:49:22 +0100

> As Jörg Wunsch wrote:
>
> It would probably be very nice to combine all this into the
> compiler/library, but I believe that is not possible using the
> outlined stack engine.
> --

I could modify my routines to use a stack in memory
(like my favorite version 3 in my first message).
Then I can provide a low level call interface for the simple operations
ADD,SUB,MUL,DIV.
The calling program must give three pointers to operands and the result:

void ADD (double* p1, double* p2, double* p3)
{
    *p3 = *p1 + *p2;
}

All my stack handling would be done outside these low level routines.
The Stack-Engine-Addition can be like:
void stack_add()
{
    ADD (&stackY, &stackX, &stackX);
}

I don't know what kind of code GCC can generate.
Perhaps somebody can help me on this ?

Best Regards,
Martin