[avr-libc-dev] variable that survives reset?

From: jorgen
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] variable that survives reset?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:02:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi guys,

Is it possible to have variable that survives a reset? I'm thinking to
place the varaible in a special named section and is hoping that the run
time lib does destroy it, is this a viable option?

My mega8L doesn't seem to like my motor and does an external reset
according to the MCUCSR register, thinking of saving my state so that I
can resume whatever I was doing before the reset.

Appriciate and comments or help, thanks.

Jorgen.