[avr-libc-dev] [bug #5799] error(?) in iom162.h

From: nobody
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #5799] error(?) in iom162.h
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:49:53 -0400

=================== BUG #5799: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5799&group_id=2140

Changes by: Theodore A. Roth <address@hidden>
Date: Fri 10/17/03 at 10:49 (US/Pacific)

The 09/02 version of the datasheet still has UPEn. I see no mention of PEn in
the UCSRnA register summary. I'm going to simply replace PEn with UPEn instead
of adding UPEn and making PEn an alias.

Now the PORTE part brings up another issue. The usage is not consistant in this
header file. All other port pins are defined like PAn while PORTE is PORTEn.
The datasheet register summary shows them all as PORTxn. I'd prefer to just
have all the headers use Pxn regardless of what the datasheets say, but that
doesn't seem to be the concensus of the developers.

=================== BUG #5799: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: None                    Project: AVR C Runtime Library
Submitted on: Tue 10/07/03 at 23:58
Category:  Header                     Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  troth                   Originator Email:  address@hidden

Original Submission:  In definitions for UCSR0A: bit 2 is defined as PE0, this
should be UPE0. In definitions for UCSR1A: bit 2 is defined as PE1, this should
be UPE1. This according to datasheet for Atmega162(V) rev: 2513E-AVR-09/03

I guess this is the reson why PORTE bits are defined as PORTE0, PORTE1....
instead of PE0, PE1.. as would be normal.

I am usign WinAVR-20030913

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Fri 10/17/03 at 10:49         By: troth
The 09/02 version of the datasheet still has UPEn. I see no mention of PEn in
the UCSRnA register summary. I'm going to simply replace PEn with UPEn instead
of adding UPEn and making PEn an alias.

Now the PORTE part brings up another issue. The usage is not consistant in this
header file. All other port pins are defined like PAn while PORTE is PORTEn.
The datasheet register summary shows them all as PORTxn. I'd prefer to just
have all the headers use Pxn regardless of what the datasheets say, but that
doesn't seem to be the concensus of the developers.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5799&group_id=2140