Re: [avr-libc-dev] Atmega163 crtm163.o

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Atmega163 crtm163.o
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:26:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Peter Johansson wrote:

> > That may work, but it is the wrong approach. Did you read the follow
> > ups to that post you mention?
> >
> >   http://www.avr1.org/pipermail/avr-gcc-list/2003-September/005249.html
> > I'm curious what the real problem is here since it seems to
> > be a recurring issue.
> >
> > Are you using the same --prefix configure option for binutils, gcc and
> > avr-libc?
> > Did you follow the directions here?
> >

> > http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avr-libc/doc/avr-libc-user-manual/install_tools.html
> >
> > If not, what did you do different?
> > I just did an install from cvs using --prefix=/tmp/foo and crtm163.o
> > got installed in /tmp/foo/avr/lib/avr5/crtm163.o as it should.
> > Attached is a list of all files that got installed.
> >
> > I also did a similar install from the last snapshot tarball with the
> > same results.
> > I'm not having any luck duplicating this problem.
>
> > Ted Roth
>

> I didnt use ./doconf and ./domake  cd  build  make install, that was
> the problem. Now it works great!
>
> I used ./configure --target=avr --prefix=<path>
> make ; make install
>
> Many thanks!

Ok. I can duplicate the problem now.

It looks like running configure in the toplevel of the src dir only
ends up building and installing what is handled in the build dir (when
you use the doconf script). The avr3, avr4, and avr5 directories are
not build or installed or even created in that case. This is a
consequence of the multilib build scripts.

For now, you should never run configure from the top src dir (i.e.
./configure).

Ted Roth